About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, May 14, 2018

A wonderful Mother's Day...

Good morning!  It's Monday and we're at the Days Inn in Rocklin, CA enjoying our morning after Mother's Day. 

We got our day going yesterday in the usual way..reading our friends blog posts, coffee and just taking our time. I was awake at 0500 and we didn't have to be at Winco until 1000.  Got ourselves ready and I ran to the lobby and got a couple hardboiled eggs for me and toast for the two of us. Never sure what they'll have with their "breakfast" so Ken had his eggs I brought from home. YUM. 
Adam, Seth, Mason and Owen giving orders.. :)

Mason, Owen and Seth

Chelsea (almost 30 weeks pg) and my sis Linda (Ninny)

Owen and Seth

Ninny's beautiful pool

and her flowers are gorgeous

Mason, Owen and Aaron


We headed for Winco about 0930. Picked up a few things and the chicken was ready. Off we went. I ran back inside to use the restroom while Ken was filling the ice chest. On the way out there glistening in the sunlight I found a "penny from heaven" Thanks mom!  We got to my sister Linda's house just before 1100.  Ken was unloading the car and our middle son Eric and his boys Seth and Mason showed up :)  

Bryan called and said he wouldn't be making it to Linda's (Ninny) house but that's ok. 

People started trickling in..Grandson Adam came too even though he had to work that afternoon. Russell and family showed up a few hours later, as they had gone on a hike earlier in the day. 
Ken, Dusty (in background) Aaron, and Eric

My boys! from left..our son, Eric, grandsons Jacob, Seth, Adam
Mason, Aaron and our son Russell


My reasons for living and loving..
Eric, Jacob, Seth, Ken, Adam, Mason, Aaron and Russell
only one missing our son Bryan..


Angelina (Ursula's daughter) Chelsea and Ninny

Jacob driving away..:)

Owen pretending to nap in his swing..

Tasha (sister Wendy's daughter)

Grandma and Owen..

Owen put himself in the pool..:)

We had plenty of food, drink and just a nice afternoon.  Ken left about 1400 to run to his mother's and visit with his older brother, Dave for a few hours. Once he came back we loaded up and I went to his mom's.  

We had a nice visit with Grandma.  Nephew, Jesse came over and then Diane came too.  

All in all a wonderful day!  Love spending time with our family, seems we don't get to do it often enough but we're always here for one another and we know it. 
Of course even though it's a wonderful day, we're always missing our mom. 

Missed seeing Bryan, Cheryl (who was working) and Christina but that's the way it goes sometimes.  

On the way to the motel I called two very special ladies from my working days. Joanie who's 94 and Butch (Arlene)..who's 87. They were some of my volunteers and just as wonderful as can be.  :)) I sent cards but I always follow up with a phone call and both of them were waiting for me to call :) Love them.

Waking up taking our time this am as we've got a date with Bryan and Cheryl to have brunch before we head home. Hopefully we can get going quick enough to make a stop at Ross or Target just for fun! haha. 

Have a wonderful day! 

4 comments:

  1. Some much fun getting together with the family for Mother's Day. As usual you keeping buys and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was wonderful! These next few weeks are gonna be busy for sure. Thank Gkids are out of school so hope to spend some time w them :)

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful Mother's Day celebration you had. You are and should be very proud of those awesome boys, sons and grandsons. Who is the little rose between all the thorns in the picture? Oh, that's you! :) So cute!
    I love the 'Penny from heaven', my exact thoughts when Dad sends me one too. Your Mom was right on time too! {>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patsy I certainly am proud of all those boys! I know got a pic with me in it and it was my idea! Shocking! Because it was Mother's Day that's how I knew it was from my mom :)

      Delete