About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

A good trip home and some sad news :(

Monday I woke up at 0500 in the motel. It was a decent night's sleep but i kept waking up which I do at home too.  Got ready to meet Adam for breakfast in Old Town Auburn.   We met at Edelweiss Restaurant. My favorite place ever.  He had the Denver omelet and I had the half order of veggie. Oh so delicious. That kid can eat, gotta say but you'd never know it looking at him.  We finished about 1040, said our goodbyes and off I went  towards home.  An uneventful ride and I arrived home a little after 1400. 

Ken was gone over to Coleville to pick up a load of wood. I went ahead and made some apple oatmeal muffins and just kinda picked up. He pulled in close to 1630. We got ourselves caught up, happy hour and then dinner. We watched it pour buckets of rain for quite awhile. Turns out that the same highway Ken came home on 395 closed down a bit after he came through. Mudslides from all the rain! A little later and he'd have been spending the night there! I made some quick tacos for dinner and time to call it a night. 
We needed new sheets..I found these at Ross called Inspiration
The sheets and pillow cases have this saying:
"Prayers are the key in the morning and the lock at night"

Just our beautiful sky :)



Love the purple tree

Yesterday morning (Tuesday) it hit me that our youngest son and his wife have an anniversary on Thursday! Looked all over for a card, but didn't find one, so I made one up hoping they don't mind. Got it in the mail so hopefully it'll get there by Thursday. 

Stayed home all day just cleaning and finding stuff to do. Before I knew it the day was done.  Enjoyed using my clothesline outside to hang the wash. Ken unloaded all the firewood he brought home. Good thing he asked me where to put it, or the bunkhouse and outhouse wouldn't be getting use from me.  He wanted to put it near them, and I said, no.  Lizards would be everywhere! So the wood is out back, full sun and it even looks good where it is! 
Love the greenery around the tractors..


God was watching..:)




Some of the first Tonka toys the boys every got..

44 years old..

Ken worked on seasoning the new griddle we bought and he got it pretty well non stick. He had to try it out last night so he had a burger and I had a veggie burger..YUM! Made some broccoli tots to go along with oh so good. 
Ken's burger ..yum

Ken's burger on the left, my veggie burger on the right..yum.

We were sitting on the porch and heard the house phone ring and then my cell which was inside, saw that one call was from our middle son Eric, well you know how you think the worst..it was..Christina's mom, Linda had passed away unexpectedly yesterday evening. She was only 56..In our case that death affects two of our daughter in laws as our youngest son is married to Lori who is Christina's sister.  Russell called  a little later to tell us :(   The girls just lost their grandfather a couple of weeks ago , so it's been a tough few weeks, only to get tougher. All of us who've lost a parent or parents know the heartache they're going through. 
Linda and Lori 21 years ago tomorrow..

Linda and her hubby Bobby..
(Bobby lost his father a couple of weeks ago and now his 
wife) :( 

My friend Elva (who sometimes comments on blogs)..just lost her son in law a few days ago to a vehicle accident.  Our nephew's fiancee lost her mom to a long battle with cancer 2 weeks ago. So much sadness for these families. 

Because you never know..you love and let everyone know you love them while you can! Life can change so quickly. 

We're hoping to leave for our weekend in Tonopah, NV and Jim Butler Days on Friday. We'll check with the kids to see what's going on in CA for Linda first though.  Russell, Lori and kids are supposed to be in Reno for a basketball tournament but we'll have to see how that goes. 

Have a great day everyone. 

8 comments:

  1. Condolences to Christina, Eric, Lori, Russell and all the family. The "unexpected" part is really rough. God's blessings to everyone. Elva Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elva.. yes I know your family is going through the "unexpected" part right now too. Love to you!

      Delete
  2. Oh my, too much sadness and heartbreak. Linda was so young! My condolences to the families involved, this is going to be really hard for Christina to lose a Mom so young. Hugs.
    On a happier note, I love the beautiful sheets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it's tough for the girls losing their mom. They are blessed to have husbands who love them so much, I'm hoping that helps them to deal with the pain. I feel so sad for Bobby having to go on w/o his wife. They had all these plans for retirement in the next few years..Thank you, I loved the sheets too. They had several different kinds, but I wanted to make sure I liked the feel of the sheets before buying any more. I do so will be going back..of course it's Ross so they may not have more..

      Delete
  3. Such lot of sadness for one family, not easy to go through Sorry for all the losses of these close families..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's never easy, they have a lot of support so I hope that helps. Thank you George..

      Delete
  4. Thank you Shirley for your sweet words. You have always been my second mom and I will lean on you now more than ever. You have always been there for my sister and I. I am forever grateful that I hit the mother-in-law jackpot! I love you! -Christina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you too! I'm hoping that knowing we are there for you and Lori will help down the road. Everyone deals with grief differently and it's so hard. Not only are you going through it but the whole family is too. I feel so bad for your dad..his whole life has changed. As hard as it will be this morning for you all I'm so glad you're there for him in the next few days. xoxox

      Delete