About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Thursday, March 5, 2015

A day at home getting things done!

This morning we didn't wake up til almost 0800!  Of course I don't sleep well in the middle of the night..so fall back to sleep eventually and next thing u know it's lunch (well almost).  I ran to town to pick up a few things and then back home in time for lunch.  

Ken worked on the hallway ceiling and it's looking awesome!  This afternoon I spent some time on "aging" the tin out back.  Looking at the internet they suggested a bleach and vinegar solution which I've sprayed a few times..but still areas where it's still too shiny.  So another suggestion was Clorox Gel (toilet bowl cleaner) brush it on and then make a paste of Clorox gel and baking soda..So that's what I did today.  The temps are warming up so we're just gonna let it bake a few days and see what happens.  I think it's going to do the trick.  

The tin with the solution on it...hope it works.

Looking down the hallway to the 2nd bedroom..Love the
look of the ceiling!

This is the ceiling..U can see where the light will go in..
just a weird angle..but did it for the view of the wood


Tomorrow we're going to go to Gardnerville, and pick up prescriptions that were called in..a stop by Walmart to see if they have a quad battery for my quad and probably a stop at Smith's grocery as they've got some stuff on sale.  So won't get as much done but hopefully something.  

No comments:

Post a Comment