About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Sidetracked..51st Anniversary, Champagne Sunday, Cargo Trailer, Allissa's camping, Adam's here! Good news from Mason :)


I started this blog Sunday afternoon...and then got sidetracked Sunday and Monday :)

 It's Champagne Sunday and yes we did indulge 😁. Since our anniversary was yesterday we still had baloney left over so Ken wanted a fried baloney sandwich for our brunch today. Who am I to argue?! 



Got my new Fall glass πŸ’› Other side says Grateful..

Good bye for another year! But so yummy!


Friday we went to Carson City and picked up the new cargo trailer. Ken loves it. I was hoping the v nose was bigger but it isn't. It's growing on me now I have to say. The first thing we'll have in it is Bryan and Cheryl's stuff from Lincoln, CA. Then we'll take it to Arkansas in October sometime. Ken's been working on tie downs today, well after brunch anyway. πŸ˜€



We've got two windows and a 36" door with a screen door

This is what $100.00 will buy you in lumber at Lowe's..


For our 51st anniversary we headed to Fernley we headed to Fernley and Lowe's so Ken could get the material for the tie downs and I could get a couple of curtain rods to make curtains for the trailer. Thank you, Kim and Lance for the Lowe's gift card last year for our 50th anniversary as it bought the lumber! 

After we got home we had our traditional lunch of baloney sandwiches and barbecue potato chips as that was our dinner 51 years ago. πŸ’™ Reminds us of where we were and takes us back πŸ’– Gotta say I can only think of two things that taste the same as way back when, baloney and pop tarts, unfrosted of course. LOL. 

YUM!


Later in the day we went to John and Karen's as they had gotten home in the afternoon. Sure the doggies were happy to see them. 

Sunday we had our coffees and got ready then headed out to the outdoor kitchen. I cooked some bacon for later in the week and then the baloney and some fries. Yep, not good for us, but there's tomorrow. 

When we went to Carson the other day I was looking for a smaller table to have in the outdoor kitchen. When we have company the large table is nice, but when it's just Ken and me a smaller one would be nice, especially when it's fire time. Karen said she probably had the perfect one for us and yes she did. They dropped it off this afternoon. It actually folds down to about 8 inches wide when not in use! 


This week was all about potties! Ken replaced the one in the
Mansion and we bought this one for the cargo trailer LOL. 

Cute wreath from the Midtown Marketplace in Carson..


Got a call this am from Grandson Mason who said they'd probably be out at the end of October. Perfect! That's John and Karen's Halloween party so a great weekend to visit! I told him he made my day! πŸ’—

 Monday,  other than a quick trip to Raley's it was a day at home. Adam came to visit to start his weekend off.  That's why the trip to town. Ken's going to be barbecued some chicken breast and pork chops. I made veggies and rice pilaf. It was all delicious. 

Got these pictures the other day from Allissa (Jacob's sweetie). She and some girlfriends were camping at Prosser Lake off Highway 80. Looks like a beautiful site and lake! πŸ’—

Beautiful site, makes me want to go camping. Her dad actually 
pulled the trailer up for the girls. Sweet dad πŸ’™

Our sweet Allissa πŸ’– Another young lady we are blessed to
have in this family! She said she went by Russell's house before
leaving and he taught her how to tie on her hooks and everything else
she needed to know. He did good! 

Grand nephew Phoenix turned 7 months already, earlier this month. Here's a smile for your viewing pleasure πŸ˜€πŸ’™

He's enjoying eating some solid food finally! 

Not so much on this one 😊


After breakfast this am Adam took off for Bridgeport. It's only about an hour and a half from here and he's looking for a hike. Ken's using the Pit Boss and cooking a pork roast and a beef roast. I made Pioneer Woman Restaurant potatoes and we'll have some veggies πŸ˜‹ Should be a good evening! 

Going to get this posted before some bad influence distracts me again! 🍺🍷



9 comments:

  1. Love the cargo trailer, I could sure put a lot of airplanes in that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! That trailer looks great, I am sure you will get a lot of use out of it. You and I have something in common, unfrosted pop tarts are the only way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yep love those pop tarts..don't eat too often, but sometimes can't help myself! LOL

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary!! I don't think I've had baloney for over 55 years. Seems nothing tastes like it used to in the old days. Love the trailer. I really want to see it when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...Phoenix the little sweetheart! A potty for the cargo trailer. That's a great idea. I'm also a Poptart fan. And also unfrosted...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he's a cutie..Love that you, Jim and me are unfrosted pop tart fans! LOL.

      Delete
  5. Happy Anniversary!!!! Brunch always looks so wonderful. Fantastic trailer, I have no doubt it will get a lot of use. I like the new table for the outdoor kitchen. Very cute.

    Deb

    ReplyDelete