About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, November 27, 2020

Home is where you park it! A great Thanksgiving and shopping with my sisters

 We got here to Cal Expo RV Park on Wednesday afternoon around 1400. The park is pretty empty considering how crowded it's been in the past. WE had a late lunch and then Ken did his thing unhooking and hooking up.  

We brought our Patriot Wreath to enjoy while we're traveling..In honor of my
Daddy! πŸ’™
Cal Expo RV Park

The rest of the day was basically spent inside watching a couple of movies. The best was The Santa Chronicles 2 with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn. A must watch if you have Net Flix.  

Thursday morning we had planned on being at Russell's right around noon. Ken left to visit our friend Casey in Rio Linda, a yearly tradition for them :) I stayed at the Mansion and finished up the appetizers.  Deviled eggs, sausage balls and rolled wraps. 

We got to Russell and Lori's house near 1230.  Had a wonderful visit with them both, Aaron made an appearance about 1300 and stayed in the living room with us. 

Lori working hard...😊

Lori got busy putting things together making mashed potatoes, stuffing and a fresh green bean cheesy casserole. Rolls and pies to finish it off. She refused to let me help so I chatted with her while she did all the work. It was her first time doing a Thanksgiving dinner because they usually visited where ever we were. We hosted for many years at our house in Colfax, then my sister has done it for the rest of the time. 

The highlight of the afternoon, Russell had Jacob call so we could FaceTime him from Italy! It was awesome and he looks so good! You can tell he's been working out!

Russell smoked a turkey and a ham. Both were excellent. Once it was finished around 1730 or so we sat down to eat an incredible meal. It was really nice just to sit and enjoy each other's company and catching up πŸ’™

Russell carving up the turkey..

Someone's plate (I forget who lol)



Dad and Russell enjoying a drink and conversation πŸ’™
Allissa stopped by to visit for a bit πŸ’—
Aaron πŸ’™ Gotta love that smile!
I thought this was so cute..Lori catching a little nap..Well deserved!! 
Ken talking with his mom..looks comfy doesn't he?!

We stayed a while longer and nearing 2000 we left to head back to the trailer. Thanks so much for having us πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸ˜

My alarm was set for 0330 but around 0200 I was wide awake. I laid there awhile and then got up, coffee started.  We were out the door about 0415. Ken took me to my sister's house so we could do some Black Friday shopping. A tradition that started back when we were kids. Wendy, Tasha, Linda, Chelsea and I headed for Walmart out in Roseville.  Pleasantly surprised, even with the 25 percent limit we went immediately in. Very few people and no waiting in line. 

From there we headed for Galleria Mall in Roseville. We walked down to the Disney Store just as it was opening at 0700.  We got in there and out pretty easily. Then towards Penney's and no problem. As I was looking over the railing I could see a bunch of people waiting in line for a Lululamon Store..wow! Never would I wait just to spend my $$. Either it was easy in and easy out or lines.  No thank you!

All those people are in line for one store.. against the wall they were waiting 
to get inside another store.

Seth brought 4 Marines home with him for Thanksgiving πŸ’œπŸ’™ Looks like you need a feast to feed them with and they had one! 
Yum!
Seth πŸ’™

We left there and decided to see about finding a restaurant to have breakfast (also tradition).  I found out there was one near Fair Oaks that was open and had tents set up outside with heaters. Ok. 

As it turns out we didn't make it there today as we passed a restaurant that Ken and I had been to several years ago. It has actually been there a long time. I could see they had a tent up, but no people inside. I parked and walked inside. There were people at the bar area and people at tables. "Are you open?" She said, "We're not supposed to be, but yes" Ok I gave her a thumbs up and said "We've got 5".  Nice place, great food! I won't name it now, as there are people who would turn her in, apparently that happened before.  

On the way out I talked with her and she said the place had been open since 19**. The last shut down almost did them in, now with 25 percent capacity and no inside dining, this would be the last straw for them..they would have to shut down forever. This is what the Governors are doing to small business. What a shame. Right before this restaurant I saw one other that appeared to have people inside. Good for them! Won't name that one either.

After breakfast we headed to Chelsea's to drop her off and a quick visit with Dusty, Jesse (they were going for a hike), and of course, Owen and Little Cassidy πŸ’™πŸ’—

From there back to Linda's. I unloaded my treasures into Wendy's car and she drove me home to the Mansion.  

Spent some time cleaning up and relaxing. Ken is at Russell's helping with the bathroom remodel. Tomorrow we head for Winnemucca.

Have a great afternoon! Happy Hour Time, Hubby's home! 



10 comments:

  1. What a great couple of days. Russell and Lori did a good job. Lori looked so comfy. We went shopping today too. We made our first visit to Family Dollar in Wellton. It's a great store. Have a safe trip tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a great day with them. hahaha..Family Dollar. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Glad you had the chance to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the No-Name Restaurant.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rick. Yes, If we were there longer would definitely head for no name!

      Delete
  3. Aaron and Ken have the right idea. Good for Seth for bringing guys home. I bet they really loved it. Sounds like a good day to me. I have never gone out shopping on Black Friday. Truthfully, it was just the same as a normal Saturday here. I would have loved to eat at a small restaurant, but it was too cold. Good for those guys for staying open. I can't believe people are so heartless as to turn them in just because they are trying to keep their business alive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's of Karen's out there and I'm sure we know some..More for tradition than spending even thought I did find some things for the littles on my list. :)

      Delete
  4. That reads like a perfect Thanksgiving and the pictures say the same thing. I have only been shopping on Black Friday once and that would be my tradition...lol.
    Seriously it just makes me angry to hear about people turning businesses in. Just keep on walking is my suggestion it does not in any way affect you. Then the governor in Vermont, who the last I read, is having teachers ask children what they did over Thanksgiving. To see if they need to be sent home to quarantine. Yah right in my book that is asking kids to tattle on their parents to see if they are following his mandates. It is getting way to far out of hand. Enough of a rant...lol Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read that too about Vermont and I'm sure there will be others who do the same. I know it needs to be done!! It was a really nice Thanksgiving...different but still awesome..

      Delete
  5. Looks like a wonderful celebration with family! Yummy, delicious food!!!
    I love the Patriot wreath and the love that goes along with it. :)

    ReplyDelete