About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, September 12, 2020

A quick catch up..Tomorrow we are outta here!

Wednesday morning the 9th of September we awoke to a very chilly house!  It was 34 degrees!  Going down the hall to the kitchen I hit the switch on the heater!  We had our coffees and treats in the bedroom catching up on what our friends were up to.  

Once we got up and around Ken started a fire in the wood stove, our very first of the season.  So nice and cozy! 
Our first fire of the season! Last year was September 16th..

We ordered the TUNDRA decals..it was just white before.  Ken did awesome getting them on.

Adam got up and I made his breakfast of pancakes and bacon.  Once it warmed up a bit he headed out on a CanAM ride. 
Adam headed out for a desert ride! 💙

Later in the day he and I took a quick trip to Raley's. I made a pork roast, mashed potatoes and green beans for dinner. We sat outside and enjoyed the evening for awhile.  John and Karen had a fire going so Ken and I walked over there for a bit.  Adam was tired and was in his room, so he told us to go. We didn't stay very long, when we got back his door was closed. 

Thursday morning it wasn't nearly as chilly even though the temperature said 38. The night before we talked about going out to breakfast at Dini's but Adam wanted my pancakes and bacon. No problem! :) 

After breakfast he left about0845. We left right after him as we were headed to Gardnerville for a prescription pick up. We then headed for Reno to pick up the new tire for the Can AM.  Now we'll have a spare.  A quick trip to Total Wine and then back to Carson City.  We thought we'd try our favorite Chinese place, but they are still only doing take out :(  So we headed to Betsy's and had a great linner as always. Then home. Another day gone!  We sat outside and just enjoyed the evening before it got too chilly out there. 

Friday we sat the alarm for 0430 as we had lots to do. Ken spent the first part of the day putting on his new Super Springs on the Tundra.  Once that was done he got the kayaks on the truck so we're getting closer to getting ready to go. 

I did some baking in the am so we have treats ready to go.  Before lunch I ran to Raley's (my second home LOL) and picked up a few groceries. Around 1730 we walked over to John and Karen's for Happy Hour. 
Ken's banana bread, apple oatmeal muffins and flourless peanut butter muffins 
Friday was the anniversary of 9/11/2001..May we never forget.. 😪

Saturday morning I was awake at 0330..no going back to sleep for me. I wish I could shut my mind off but just doesn't happen.  I was letting Ken sleep until 0530 but at 0518 he was awake. YAY..Coffees, treats, reading blogs and here we are.  Time to get the day going, as tomorrow we leave!! 

Have a great day everyone! 


10 comments:

  1. Our night time temps haven't been as low as yours but we've had the heater on just to take the chill out. Your baked goods look awesome. Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are getting cooler then we are at this point.
    Nice to be spending time with Family and getting ready to hit the road.
    Safe Travels and Enjoy the adventure.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the time of year when temps some days are 50 degrees apart between morning and evening. Can tell Fall is in the air :) thanks Rick!

      Delete
  3. Wow ... I want to come and eat at YOUR house!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that baking! Chef Shirley has a ring to it. :) Like the look and feel of a wood fire stove. Reminds me of life as a child, that's what we had often.
    We're waiting for the first really chilly night to hit and it could be coming this week. 39F for a few nights early week but nice during the daytime. It's too soon but I guess Bill and I need to get used to it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry you have to get used to cold weather! So not fair! Can't imagine a house without a wood stove or fireplace :) Fall is my favorite time of year!

      Delete
  5. My it's cold up there. I'm sure it will warm back up. Safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Doug! This time of year it's always 50 degrees difference in a day! It's amazing!

      Delete