About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, June 15, 2019

Thought of our friend Patsy while I was at the laundromat! Time at home and getting a few things done.

Thursday morning after posting the last blog around 1000 or so we headed for Gardnerville, a 50+ mile drive to Walmart.  We bought some groceries, but I didn't buy all that I wanted as there is a trip to Winco in the near future and their prices are better than Walmart.  
Ken found this old metal pot out back so he repotted my plant
John and Karen gave me.  It was really outgrowing the little
one it was in before! Now it won't have that problem :) 

Ken needed a new hat with a wider brim as the sun here is brutal to ears and faces!  Found one he liked at Big 5 and was reasonable priced so SOLD! It was nearing 1300 so where else where would we go? CVI for lunch.  We had Jenn as our server and she's a little sweetie. No sign of Carmen yet :(  A delicious lunch once again.  I always request a turkey burger instead of a regular burger on the dish I always order, but when I cut into it I felt the crunchy cut..oh oh It was a veggie burger  so back it went.   Granted, I used to eat veggie burgers, but no more as the carbs are high and here they deep fry the veggie burger. Kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it!? 

We unloaded the car and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon. Eventually it was Happy Hour on the front porch!  Into the house for some tv watching. No dinner needed after the big lunch! 
Thursday night's sunset!


Friday morning found us up and enjoying our coffee around 0600.  After breakfast Ken got the weed eater started and did some weed eating around the property.  Some of the stuff we killed with spray, died but never did blow away. I did some laundry and then got a couple of my quilts ready to head for the laundromat in town as they're too heavy for the washer.  

Ken has awoken the last couple of days with what look like bites, but we're thinking it's probably poison oak.  So time to wash the sheets and quilts and see if that stops any spread.  Weird.  

I drove to the laundromat that I visited probably 6 months ago or so. At that time everything was clean and shiny.  I walked in and boy was I surprised! The place was filthy! 3 huge garbage cans were overflowing, the shiny stainless steel washers and dryers were dirty and lint everywhere! They have a machine where you can buy soap, bleach etc. every single one was empty!! Looked like the laundromat hadn't been cleaned in months.  What happened to pride of ownership? Where are you Patsy! !?

I went ahead and put my quilts in a huge machine, went out to the car for the 25 minutes and back inside to put them in the basket and get the heck out of there!  Guess what?!  I'll never go back and i'll tell anyone who asks not to frequent that one. (Karen actually said the same thing as she went a month ago or so and it was the same way).  Patsy, Jamie is lucky to have you for sure! 

Got home and hung them out and on with my day.  Ken was home from his physical therapy so we had our salad lunch about 1300.  After that Ken went next door with our 20 foot trailer to load it up with bricks.  In all the landscaping work they've had done, they've found a huge amount of bricks that they don't want.  Ken spent quite awhile and got quite a haul. What we're going to do with them, I have no idea but sure we'll think of something! 
Real Cookies to take next door...haha. 

About 1730 we headed next door for a Happy Hour with Karen's daughters and grandkids.  They're leaving Saturday morning to head back to their homes.  I had baked some chocolate chip cookies earlier in the day to take to the kids. They didn't even make it to the back door as Amber and Karen were sitting outside.  STOPPED with Amber! haha. so cute as she loves when I bake for them. She's about 7 months pregnant with baby Amelia and enjoyed some of those cookies, then she took them inside to the kids.  

We visited awhile with Karen and then a little later we sat around the fire pit (no fire) and visited with everyone else.  They'll be back in a few weeks for the 4th of July party Karen is planning and then a baby shower on the 6th. After hugs all around  we headed home. 
Caught the moon this am as it was getting ready to set

Saturday morning, I'm enjoying a new Pioneer Woman episode so decided to get this blog going.  It's a very warm morning already! 

A few and I mean a few of the bricks Ken got from John and Karen

He made the fence wider around the Lilac and added some
bricks to catch the water run off..

This plant is really growing and blooming too :) 

A few weeks ago he widened the fence on this Christmas Tree
and it really took off too!
This morning I wrote we would be camping at Washoe Lake State Park for a few days but that plan has changed with the heat.  No hookups there (yet) and generator can only run so long to power a fan.  So we'll just take Monday and run to Reno for errands and then after Ken's check up we'll finish up what we need to do in Carson City :) It all works.  

Right now sitting in my kitchen with the a/c running and what looks to be thunderheads coming in! Ken's going to bar b que  chicken for dinner so that should be yummy! Been a good at home day! 

Someone's getting some rain! 

Same with this one, he widened the fence and it took off..
We use the fencing to keep the critters from eating the
branches

Have a wonderful evening...getting close to Happy Hour time and some front porch sittin!  

10 comments:

  1. ❤️. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate laundromats lol.. why I convinced LJ to put the W/D in the RV lol. I have loved it. Of course it’s tiny so I’m looking forward to a normal one. Love reading about your serene life. ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Donna! We pray everyday that you get your life that you and LJ so deserve! Can't wait to see pics of you sitting by the pool enjoying a nice drink! It's not for everyone here in the desert, but we love it!

      Delete
  2. OMG! Thank you for the reference but that is exactly what I'm talking about. I can't stand it when a laundromat is dirty. You can come and use 'our' laundromat anytime!! :)
    I love the pictures of the sky from Thursday night. Your yucca is blooming nicely, I love the swing. Bill and I talk about a lilac plant often. We had a beautiful one at our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we could Patsy! Maybe one day! We are kind of partial to porch swings. Depending on the weather we have that one and the one on the porch which we enjoyed last night! It's taken a while for the lilac and snowball bush to take hold, but they're going now!

      Delete
  3. Hmm a deep fried veggie burger? Can't imagine.Too bad about the dirty laundromat sure is not good for business.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No place else I used to eat them were they ever deep fried! Nope not going back, it's such a shame and in such a short period of time did it go from brand spanking new to looking like no one gives a darn!

      Delete
  4. First time we've heard of Deep Fried Veggi Burgers.
    Definitely not a Laundromat to return to.
    Anytime you give a plant more space they will grow into it.
    Wishing Ken and all your Sons a Happy Fathers Day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to huge plants then! :) Thank you for the Father's Day wishes the very same to you :) Trust me, the veggie burgers are not good. I ordered one a couple of years ago not realizing and never again!

      Delete
  5. Nice to be "gifted" all that brick and the cookies looked delicious. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ken's a happy camper with the brick! Thank you I can make "real" ones once in awhile..as long as I don't eat them haha. Happy Father's Day to Jerry!

      Delete