About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Diane goes home...Not the right flooring, but it will work

Tuesday morning I hadn't heard anything from the flooring company so I thought I'd give them a call.  Joe said oh yeah you are scheduled for the 26th so we'll see you in the am about 0900.  Ok! Yeah!! 

We did some things around the house, and since Diane was here spent some time with her.  I cleaned up the fifth wheel and beds are remade for company! Ken did some outside things and then about 1300 we all had our salad lunch.   
Beautiful sunset last night!




After lunch Ken and I moved the refrigerator and then the stove! OH my lord...i don't think the sides had been cleaned since 1985!!  Yuk..but a little (lot) of elbow grease and the sides were sparkling! We put them in the living room, dining table and chairs on the front porch..we're ready to go!  The flooring company had said they would move the stuff, but we thought let's save them the time and effort. It was better to clean the stove in the kitchen than in the living room anyway.  


About 1630 I get a call from Danielle at the flooring company.  There's been a glitch and they don't have the flooring...What!!!??? I was told we were on the schedule etc...Wasn't the nicest conversation ever, but she said it should be in Reno in the morning..ok?!  Not a happy camper here as this was the 3rd time we had some excuse.  


Wednesday morning I'm awake at 0500 so woke the hubby and said "i"m getting coffee"...
About 0900 get a call from Danielle (she is good) and she says they sent someone to Reno to pick up the flooring and someone would be here about 1230 to put it in. Ok that'll work! 
Our old floor

Ken getting ready to move the stove out..

Joel arrived about 1230. Nice guy, good sense of humor and had obviously been briefed we were not happy.  He is a hard worker for sure.  Diane left for CA at about 1300. Joel and Ken went to the garage and he cut the linoleum, brought it in and I'm looking at it....Ken says "what's wrong?"  Not what I wanted...I wanted straight squares and this on the diagonal....hmm..another glitch!   We decided to go ahead and put it in..don't know if guys get this...I wanted retro..but this looks like diner retro (diamond) and I wanted kitchen retro...straight squares..Ken and Joel like it..and now it's growing on me kind of...Ken told me to look for what I really want and get it..it's only $$...Very sweet but I don't hate it..Just pissed off more than anything!!
Then we come to the baseboard...there was an amount that was supposed to be 4" white and the other 3" black under the cupboards..they sent all white!  No big deal, except it's not the right color to match my white!  They'll be out tomorrow to put in the black.  
A coat of thin set to even out the flooring..





Joel left, and we proceeded to put back the dining table and my other table. It looks good just not what I had in mind. But I will give it a chance! It certainly looks better than what we've had before.  

Good night from Yerington, NV!

We heard some sad news tonight, our friends Bill and Patsy had to say good bye to their sweet pup Clemson...So sorry for you both..he was a sweetie! Our love, thoughts and prayers are with you.
Patsy, Bill and Clemson 


Have a good night everyone...


11 comments:

  1. Finally the flooring I really love it and your whole kitchen makeover.
    We too are sad to hear about them loosing the wonderful loving Clemson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I"m glad you like it! I know...he was a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flooring is perfect! Finally everything falls together. Love it!
    Thank you for the note about Clemson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad u like it...I wish I did..hoping it grows on me more..Hope u 2 are doing ok❤

      Delete
  4. Hi, l am trying to get myself back in "the groove". Just been a little overwhelmed lately. I think your floor looks nice. Yet, the big yet, I do understand if you had a plan and this isn't quite it how you may not be totally happy.
    We were sorry to read about Clemson, also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it looks nice but not what I wanted..but hoping I'll get used to it and like it more! You must be enjoying those grandchildren way too much! I know poor little guy..beaks my heart for them😟

      Delete
  5. The flooring looks good but Retro was always Square not Diamond.
    It was sad to read about Clemson.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your new floor.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen in some diners here the diamond but that's what I equate it with a diner..so I am disappointed😯..Ken has said to get another company in ..but I'll wait awhile..don't want to spend more $$ right now..

      Delete
  6. I like it. Love what you’ve done to the place...❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Donna...just not what we in my head..if I would have seen it b4 he cut it I would have sent it back..Ken was with him in the garage..he of course didn't realize it was wrong...bad communication w this company in Fernley..we gave the little company a chance...

      Delete
  7. Thanks a lot for sharing this amazing knowledge with us. This site is fantastic. I always find great knowledge from it. Velvet Curtain Material

    ReplyDelete