About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, February 24, 2019

Carson City, Reno, Bar B Q and hopefully a new/old purchase!

Thursday had us out of here about 0800 heading for Carson City. Dropped the Tundra off at 1000 and then took my car shopping.  I had a 20 percent off coupon for Total Wine so we drove to Reno and I did some shopping.  Got stocked up o my organic wine and then we headed for JC Penneys to do some shopping or looking which is generally the case.  They had a huge clearance going on!  I'm not big into shopping anymore, but sometimes you just have to do it.  Actually I lucked out and found five new shirts for just under $28.00! The receipt said I saved $135.00...never in my lifetime!! hahah.  
Out my kitchen window on Thursday..:) 

A little snow on the way to Reno




After that it was time for lunch so we headed to Miguels Mexican Restaurant in South Reno..oh yummy.  I got their chicken fajitas.  We brought the beans, rice and shells home.  Ken actually ordered their Super Nachos, which is something he never does and oh they looked so yummy!  Tummies filled we headed to Carson Toyota to pick up the truck.  Home in time for Happy Hour! 

Friday morning was a stay at home day.   I got the kids taxes e filed and just enjoyed the rest of the day at home with hubby.  It was cold all day so we kept a fire going.  Ken, of course did some things outside and then settled inside in the afternoon.  Some online looking and some leftovers for dinner. Very relaxing day.  
I know it's cold, but love being on the inside looking out!



Looking at the bunkhouse and outhouse 

Saturday too was a very relaxing day here at home.  We made plans to go next door for a bar b  q dinner. I made some coleslaw to take over to Karen's.  She was providing the burgers and we took the fries.  I doctored up some store bought spinach dip, basically by adding more spinach.  I'll be making my own from now on!  I made Ken a couple of stuffed peppers for dinner on Sunday.  Just kept myself busy.  
Ken's Sunday dinner..

When Karen texted she was home, we went over. Ken had gone over earlier and got the outside fire pit ready and she lit the fire right before we got there.  We enjoyed the fire for way too long...haha.  Ken barb qued the burgers and eventually we went inside and had a tasty, late dinner.  Then it was time to head home and to bed!! 
My new obsession...coconut flour pancakes with sugar free jam!!

Ken's almond flour waffle with eggs on top..

I shredded a few radishes and oh are they yummy! 

0600 this morning I woke to partly cloudy skies and warmer (34 feels like 29) temps.   Got our coffee and little snack going. We got caught up on our blog reading and just have taken our time this am.  The sun is shining and it's a beautiful morning in Nevada.   

WE've got a little trip this morning.  I've been wanting and looking for a "cracked ice" kitchen table for years.  These were popular in the 40's and 50's.  something about them just says home to me.  Well, they're hard to find and usually when you do they're expensive.  We looked into reproductions but really there is only one company that does them.  On vacation Ken was ready to order one, which was bad enough but the shipping costs were ridiculous. Could only justify it if I was a millionaire and even then I don't think I could do it. 

Anyway, yesterday just fooling around i got on Craigslist and found a table in Minden, NV.  Called and it was still available.  We have an appointment at about 1200 to see (and hopefully bring it home) it's grey which wasn't my first choice, but it's too good of a deal to pass up.  If I get it i'll order chairs online, which aren't too expensive.  Of course I told Ken now I'll have to looking changing out some things in the kitchen hahaha..

Time to get going! Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Busy as always and the table sounds like a good find. It pays to be patient and research.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does pay to be patient and we feel like we got a good deal..I love it! We'll see how it goes down the road..tomorrow is a stay at home day as we have to go to Minden on Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. Busy and saving money to boot. Like George said it pays to be patient.
    Be Safe with all that snow and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys..I'm afraid this new table is going to cost more in kitchen remodel...hahaha..

      Delete
  3. You are a busy lady. I never manage to save $135.00 while only paying $28. I'm just not that good a shopper. Haha.
    Lovely looking outside but too cold for me. I'm a fair weather woman.
    Good luck with the table, I hope it's what you want!! Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been busy enough and yet still had time for a lot of fun times. Your weather makes me shiver though. Hope you get some warmth other than from your fireplace. :)
    You guys sat outside around the firepit? LOL you are hearty folk! Maybe I read that wrong.
    I'm still going to try a dish of fried radishes now that I've got some in the fridge.
    Good job on the table, I hope it is in good shape for you. That surely brings back memories of home as a child.

    ReplyDelete