About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, July 6, 2018

A wonderful 4th! Washoe Lake State Park ..picking up Mason..

Wow! One more time the week has flown by way too quickly!  Tuesday we did get our drive to Gardnerville. A stop at Walmart, Raleys, the nursery to ask about firewood and then on to lunch at our favorite place, Carson Valley Inn (CVI).  Carmen, our favorite waitress was back from her vacation to Hawaii. Drinks ordered and then our delicious lunch.  Had my ritual nap on the way home LOL. Ken had talked to Stacey in the am and offered to bar b q some hot dogs if they wanted.  They ended up cooking at home, and then coming over for a couple of beers (well Joe drank them).  She's still recovering from surgery.  Karen and Linda came over for a bit and we ended up going to her place to help decorate the backyard for 4th of July. Karen goes all out! We stayed and had a couple of drinks and then headed home. 
Happy 4th! 

Wednesday was 4th of July so I busied myself in the kitchen in the am before it got too hot. Homemade potato salad and spinach dip was on the agenda. About 1600 we headed next door to enjoy the 4th with them.  John (Karen's hubby) is still working in Tonopah, NV so he was definitely missed. Not a huge crowd but all wonderful people! Ken bar b q ued some hot dogs and there was definitely a feast to be had!  It was late when we got home. 
I love this shelf..one of her daughter's co workers built this
for Karen

All kinds of munchies! 

I caught the back of Amber, left chair Linda and Karen's sis
Heidi. I love all the windows in the front room!

Natalie her neice..and a neighbor Diana..house is still
a work in progress..but they have done wonders!

Their back deck, just built and will be covered

I love this walkway they just did..all by hand and then
the solar lights heading out to their RV area..

Ken and Jill..one of the escapees from a few weeks ago

Their multi tiered deck and Karen talking w John

The fire pit..

Thursday, after about 5 hours of sleep we got ourselves going. Finished getting the Jayco ready to head to Washoe Lake State Park for the night.  I left in the Patriot about 0730 and headed to Reno to get some groceries for next week's trip. I left a sizable donation $$$.  I picked Ken up from the Toyota dealer in Carson City and we headed back to camp so I could drop off the groceries. At 1300 we were sitting in our favorite Chinese restaurant enjoying a wonderful lunch. 

We headed for Big 5 to look for one more camping cot and a new ez up. We got prices and headed over to Walmart across the street where we bought the ez up and then back to Big 5 for the new cot. That was our day and we headed back to camp about 1600.  Lovely site Ken got us so we were able to sit outside in the shade and enjoy the view and the breeze. I love that park! There were lots of people camping but our site was nice and large! 
Yummy Deb and thanks for the decanter! 

Our view from camp

Another view..

Ken enjoying the shade..

Our spot..and FREE too!




Eventually it was time for dinner so Ken cooked a few dogs and we had some potato salad and pork and beans. Not good for us, but delicious. Eventually we called it a night with the window over the bed open and the one near the dinette. It was a very warm night. I fell asleep right away and then at 0200 or so wide awake. Those wandering thoughts kept me awake until after 0400. My mind just wouldn't shut down!  I reset the alarm from 0500 to 0530 and somewhere in there fell back to sleep. 
Our beautiful sunset





At 0530 this am it was already close to 70 degrees..


We awoke to a warm cloudy morning

Our view of the lake

See all the campers! 


I was headed over the hill to Auburn, CA to meet our grandsons Seth and Mason. Seth offered to meet me there as he was heading to Target. Nice these boys can drive I tell ya.  I picked up Mason and we headed home. Seth has even offered to pick up his cousins Jacob and Aaron on Monday and they'll all come over. :) Ken headed home with the truck and trailer.  He changed the oil and air filter in my 2016 Patriot as that's the one we'll be taking next week full of teenage boys! 

98 degrees here in Yerington, NV. Feels like an oven outside, but Ken had the a/c going inside so it feels nice and cool! Going to make some veggie tacos for dinner and enjoy the a/c. 

Have a great evening! 


6 comments:

  1. You are always on the go but you have a fun time no matter what you do. It sounds busy but relaxed at the same time. They have the makings/finishings of a lovely house and deck area. It will be gorgeous. Your pics of the beer margaritas and decanter look so inviting, mine look just like 'drinks' and then it is gone. :D
    You will have fun with the boys on Monday, keep on having a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always tell her..if I didn't love u so much I would hate you! Love everything they're doing..believe me my beer margaritas are gone too..so tasty! I am looking forward to grandson time!

      Delete
  2. Always something to keep you guys busy,Enjoying the 4th of July and camping, what's not to love about that ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great couple,of days! On to new adventures!

      Delete
  3. Looks like a fun 4th celebration. Reading about grilling the hot dogs reminded of a scene in this short funny video.

    I put the link with my name (hopefully). It's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete