About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Happy 40th Birthday Eric!!! and 2nd day at Cathedral Gorge and surrounding areas...

Hard to believe but 40 years ago I gave birth to our 2nd son Eric Edward...He came into this world at 0348 am weighing 9 lbs 4 1/2 ounces...now he is the greatest dad, husband and son he could be (in my opinion)...Eric has always had the sweetest heart...Love u Eric!  

I still can't believe my baby boys are 40+  years old...I so remember when each of them were born and it just seems like it just happened! We are so blessed to have the sons we have!..



We got up this am and headed out...there was a turnoff a little north of here called Miller's Point..so thought we'd take a look...We took a little walk and I decided it wasn't for me..Ken went ahead for the 1 mile walk and I met him at the end which was day use at campground..he beat me there, so we don't think it was a mile but he had a great walk) so picked him up and headed for Echo Canyon State Park...awesome...we got there and they had a sign that said...1-20 campgrounds...obviously brand new...full hookups! and they had showers too...nice place,..we would pay 23 a night until Ken turns 65 and then only 10 a night for the hookups as 65 in Nevada for $30 a year you  can camp free except for hookups..

Then we were headed for Spring Valley Campground..but by the time we got to the turn off we decided to head back to the cammpground...as we weren't sure how long it would take to get there...(turns out only about 6 miles or so)....so we drove the road and about 1300 we were ready for lunch..pulled over to a probable heliocopter site and got out drinks, chips, napkins...and I said where are the sandwiches..Ken said "in the bag?...nope...still at camp in the frig...what?!   Well this am I made up our sandwiches...but we needed ice in the ice chest..so we said let's keep the sandwiches cold till we leave..well.....neither one of us remembered to take them out when we left..we assumed the other did...oh well!  Came back to camp, had lunch, then headed for Kershaw Ryan State Park..to check it out..We will probably end up there tomorrow..had an awesome drive today..but with internet so slow...no pics...

So tomorrow we'll probably head 18 miles or so to the park...again...subject to change..

I have lots of pics to post but they'll have to wait for more service!


No comments:

Post a Comment