About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Simple trip to Reno to pick up a computer battery....NOT!

Got up yesterday morning with the idea to head for Reno, go by the Apple store, get a battery installed and head back home.  Lovely drive to Reno through Silver Springs and then Carson City and South Reno.  

Walked into the Apple Store in the Summit shopping center and I've never seen so many people!  Customers and lots of workers in their little red shirts.  I was directed to a young lady with a electronic device in hand and I told her I need a battery, so she's says well we can see you on Wednesday at 2:30 pm.  That's our first appointment to order a battery.  Order?  Are u kidding me..she asked what kind I had and I told her it's almost 5 years old...so she tells me they don't deal with 5 year old computers "It's just too old"....REALLY?  It still works fine except the battery...so I was directed to the internet or try Best Buy.  So off to Best Buy in Carson City...pretty much the tell me the same thing...too old.  So I don't want to lose all the pictures and stuff I have on the computer so I buy a back up hard drive (or something like that)..we'll see today how that works.  

A nice young man, Jason at the Geek Squad tells me there is a place in Reno, Mac a rama and they should be able to order a battery and if they charge too much to put it in bring it back and they'll do it for a minimum charge. So at least that's something.  

So now it's about 1230 time to head to Gardnerville and Walmart.   I was going to do some shopping but not in the mood anymore and besides it's after 1200 which means Carson City is a zoo..kinda like Roseville, CA got to be out of there by 1200 or it's crazy.   

Got my hair cut, few groceries and then a nice hour long drive home! 










The laundry crap is abandoned and capped off

There were two boxes that stuck out of the wall and then
a big box that was leading to the ceiling light. All gone, now
when we hook it up it'll be flush with the wall..


Ok,  I know this is disgusting, (Ken didn't want me to post this pic)
But I like to see the true ugliness of this hallway..the old people who
owned the house before us had stuck up those ugly commercial
tiles to cover this up..so we knew there was ugly up there.
The roof was 2 years old when we bought the house but this is
what they lived with...yukk!  If they would have used KILZ paint
it probably would have covered this up and certainly looked
better than what this does!  Can't wait til it's gone.

We will be replacing the ceiling!  In the bottom pic you can see that round hole in the wall.  That was a big round box sticking out that was the power to the ceiling light. Gone!  There was also exposed wiring (that was enclosed in a metal stripping on wall) gone!  So once it's done it'll be alot nicer looking. 

Of course after all this progress, I know it doesn't look like much, but trust me it's alot better, and the progress coming will be worth this ugliness!  Today (Sunday) is the Super Bowl playoff's so I have to give the crew the day off (darn)....That's what tomorrow's for I guess.  

Actually, the next step is Ken's going on the roof to see about tying together the main roof and addition roof to make sure there's no leakage where they're joined together.  

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment