About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Remembering 9/11/2001

Tuesday, September 11, 2012...Cornersville, TN...Hard to believe it's been 11 years since that horrible day!  Ken and I were planning our trip to Wichita, KS to take Skeet a hat we bought at Hot August Nights in Reno.  Actually, it was our annual vacation and you know us we just had to go somewhere.  So on the 11th Ken went to work and I was home packing the 99 mazda.  He had just left  and i was in the kitchen when the phone rang and it was Ken, telling me to watch the news as a plane had flown into the WTC...I was on the  phone when the 2nd plane hit..unbelievable!  After that packing the truck was just spent in a fog all day, with the radio and tv on..just couldn't believe what had happened.

We left the next day, and you wouldn't believe all the American flags everywhere!! All across the US!  We drove that night to Evanston, WY and found that hotels were booked more than ever. Well the reason is because planes weren't flying so people were renting cars and driving to get to where they needed to go..

We went to the local truckstop to have breakfast this am.  They had the tvs on and they were showing tributes to 9/11. While we were there they (tv) stopped everything for a moment of silence.  The chatter in the truckstop stopped while everyone participated in the moment.  I don't think I was the only one in there with tears in my eyes.  

Before breakfast we had dropped the truck off at the Ford Dealer (again) so we can have back brakes done on it.  So that's why we decided to go to breakfast. After breakfast dropped Ken off at the house and went to town.  I visited the Walmart for a bit and then went to the hair salon, I had checked it out yesterday after lunch. The girl Danielle was very good and she was the only stylist in today.  She did a great job and got the eyebrows done too. 

After that headed back and the truck was ready so we headed back up and got the truck.  Talked to Diane, and Cheryl called while we were chatting. Should be getting our exerciser tomorrow..Gonna have some delicious bar b que tonight.  
Chicken for Ken and a portabella for me. 

I finally braved the scale and down another 4 lbs..21 total! whoohoo!! If only I stayed away from the wine I know I could do better...





God Bless America and all those who protect us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment