About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Grandsons are visiting !

Thursday morning Ken needed to make a trip to Walmart to see about a good cable for the antenna and booster installation.  He tried to get one in town, but no one has them. Well, of the two hardware stores and Family Dollar.  

Figured I'd better go with him as now 2 grandsons were coming on Friday! They are both 15 and they can eat!! πŸ˜‚ Spent a small fortune and we were on our way back home.  

Thursday evening we went next door for a fire outside and visited with John, Karen and Lynzee's family.  It wasn't too late of a night as I wanted to get home as I had an early morning on Friday. :) 

Friday morning just about 0600 my phone rang and it was Jacob, our Sailor grandson!  WE had an awesome talk for just about 1/2 hour! Made my morning! He's doing well, waiting to start school on the 16th! 

Got myself out the door on Friday just before 0800 as I was meeting Christina at 1000 to get Mason and Aaron. 


Had a little chit chat with her and her friend, Gina and off we went.  WE got home around 1200, so time for lunch for the boys. The boys took a quad ride later in the afternoon. 
Mason getting ready to head out

Bye, Mason! 

Bye Aaron! 

There they go! 

Around 1700 Lynzee and her daughter Danielle came over to drop off some dishes I've left next door so we had Happy Hour together.  About the time they were ready to go Joe and Stacey dropped by with two growlers of beer he got from IMBIB Brewing in Reno.  Because all the breweries in the state have been ordered to close their doors, even to take out they decided to have a give away of their beers to first responders, health workers and firefighters.  Guess it was a crazy afternoon.  Joe got there late but was able to get a few growlers.  Nice of them to share with us. Well, Ken as I don't drink much beer and definitely not this strength. It was a good time just being able to visit for a bit. 
Thanks Joe! 

Ken, Joe and Stacey..πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Lynzee, Danielle, Niko..

Stacey and Noah face timing Noah's teacher.   Stacey is an
aide at the elementary school. 

Once everyone was gone I changed the plans for dinner and we enjoyed some grilled sandwiches. 

Saturday morning Ken and I were up and about early and got some things done. Adam called on his way to work so we had a nice chat.  We didn't see both boys until about 1100 where I took their orders for breakfast/brunch. 

They just kind of hung out until later in the afternoon when they wanted to take another quad ride. BLM is just down the road so it makes it nice they don't have far to go. 

Mason 

Aaron 


Dinner was Papa Burgers and oven fries.  I made some low carb baked onion rings and Aaron loved them. Mason didn't try them LOL. 
A huge double burger for Aaron, yes he ate it! 

We never seem to use our dining table..they like this better

Some tv watching and ice cream for a later dessert. Mason face timed with Seth for a bit so I got to say hi. He was able to pick up the package I sent yesterday. 

After waking up screaming from a horrible dream, I eventually fell back to sleep and we got up about 0615.  It's Sunday right? We did our thing visiting with our friends and got up and at em.  I took the computer to the kitchen and enjoyed Lonestar Cowboy Church for some time this am.  A favorite singer of mine, Cody Johnson was on singing hymns, good way to start Palm Sunday. Something about Cowboy Church, nice and down home πŸ’™πŸ˜Š
Good morning Yerington! 

Both boys were up early, about 1030 :) French toast for Mason, breakfast sandwiches for Aaron.  They watched some tv with Ken for a bit and now video games. It's cloudy and windy today so we'll see what the rest of the day brings. 
Aaron had 2 of these breakfast sandwiches this morning :) 

Mason's French toast with what's left of his bacon..LOL.

Sure love having these boys here πŸ’™πŸ’™

Daughter in law, Cheryl found a project to do at their house.  She's redoing the chicken pen, as they just got some baby chicks. 



Before ...


After..I love the tin she used..Nice and fresh!

  Happy Sunday! 



14 comments:

  1. Looks like you had an Enjoyable time with the Grands and Friends. They are big eaters.
    Be Safe and Enjoy staying healthy.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, they are growing boys! My food bill is always bigger when they are here, but that's ok..I'll feed Ken beans and rice when they're gone to make up for it LOL..

      Delete
  2. I wonder who is happier about the visit the grandsons or the grandparents, my vote would be the grandparents. Sounds like you are all enjoying the visit and time with the neighbors. I would be interested in the recipe for low carb onion rings. When you have time maybe you could message me the information. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep we are happy they are here. considering they were home with no one at least now the cousins have each other :) I will message you the recipe..very easy!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like fun seeing the Grandkids. We won't be seeing ours for a long time. Too hard to drive miles just to be social distanced from them for an hour.
    the onion rings sound good but I'm too lazy to make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's all in how we all look at this distancing thing. The onion rings are very easy, but they don't taste near as good as regular! Except Aaron thought they were awesome!

      Delete
  4. Wow you do feed those kids well!!! I love love your kitchen cupboards!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always say I make the best food and Papa makes great burgers!! Hopefully one day they'll be telling their own children that about going to grandma and papas house :) Thank you! My cabinets make me happy too. The only thing that doesn't is the floor (but that will change hopefully sooner rather than later)..

      Delete
  5. Man those kids can eat and I know you love feeding them. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun weekend. Dolly and I are the same way when eating. We have never used our dining room table except for big family dinners. Those two can eat! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's great having these two! Yep, we love feeding them! LOL.

      Delete
  7. With all the activities to do around your place no wonder they're hungry.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete