About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Water leak fixed..another beautiful ornament!

Time is certainly marching on!  Where the days go is beyond me!  We've pretty much been home just trying to get things done.  This beautiful ornament came in the mail for me 💖💖 Thank you again, Christina, Eric, Seth and Mason. I'm getting spoiled! 
Love this!!

Ken worked on the water leak and eventually got it fixed.  Thank goodness he can do this stuff, hate to think what it would have cost to have a plumber doing it!  Glad his shoulder is fixed as there's no way he could have dug all that sand out and put it back. I did offer to help him, but he wouldn't let me.  Under the house was pretty  wet, so he's taking the crawl space door off everyday and has a light under there to help dry it up.  
These pics are so Ken can remember what/where this
plumbing is in case he's got to find it again 


That's electrical out of what was the well house, we're on city
water now. Holds my wine frig now. haha. 

I've been ordering and wrapping packages trying to get it done so we can deliver some in Sacramento while we're there for the day next week. A special person has a birthday next week. :) 
We've had some pretty sunrises this week


Yesterday (Monday) we had to go to Carson City.  Ken needed to get an X-ray done for his pulmonary appointment next Monday.  All is good, it's just a follow up.  He got that done first thing.  He stopped at his bank and then we went by Lowe's to pick up a couple more strings of Christmas lights.  He needed a few more for the bunkhouse and outhouse. :)  We went by Target to return a pizza stone I ordered for a gift.  It's a stone, so how do they package it?  Put it in a plastic bag and send it via UPS.  I opened it as it sounded noisy...it was now in 4 pieces!! I ordered a blanket too, that was in a box and bubble wrapped! Go figure!
The lights are colored, but the color isn't shining through..I'll post the
bunkhouse and outhouse pics once he's happy with the lights ..LOL!

We went back and looked to pick up another one.  Well, it was double what it was online. So when I got home I ordered the same one for the cheaper price.  We'll pick it up on Monday when we're there for Ken's appointment.  


When we left there I wanted to go to Ross to pick up a few things.  Ken waited in the car, not his favorite store LOL.  After that it was nearing 1400 so we headed for Betsy's Big Kitchen and Linner.  Always nice to go there, Lisa sees us and she knows what we order to drink. :)  Headed home after that. 

Karen called as she was headed home from Reno. Her grandson, Cameron was at her house and it was getting dark. Ken headed next door and picked him up. He visited a bit until Karen got home a little later.  He's 10 and such a good kid.  We had a wonderful time visiting with him. He's like talking to a little adult :) 

This morning (Tuesday) we read blogs catching up on our friends.  Nancy from Kissack Adventures did some baking yesterday which looked incredible! Ken kept saying I should make the peanut butter ritz crackers covered in chocolate. Ok, ran to the Raley's  to get stuff I didn't have!  Oh these things looks divine! Ken, who is not a chocolate person is actually going to try one in the am with our coffee. I'm going to cheat too and have one.  I made him a new recipe of pineapple banana bread. So we'll see how it turned out. Mexican Christmas cookies are on the agenda for tomorrow.  I'm going to have to unfollow Nancy if this keeps up! LOL..
Banana pineapple bread

Peanut butter and chocolate covered ritz crackers.
Looking forward to one in the am. 
Stole it from  FB.  Russell, Aaron and Jacob decorating their tree.
Kind of bitter sweet as this could be the last time
for awhile that they decorate together, as Jacob leaves
for the Navy next month :) 

Well, it's Happy Hour time! Have a great evening! 




14 comments:

  1. I sure couldn't dig those holes or fix a water leak. Great going Ken. Looks like it's going to be a bright and cheerful Christmas at your house. Enjoy the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am amazed still after all these years what my hubby can accomplish! We'll be heading over to CA for the actual Christmas, but I sure enjoy it here now!

      Delete
  2. Great idea to get pictures of the digging site. Those "cookies" are huge, right? I hope you have more self control than I do!! Your banana bread looks delicious. I too put pineapple in mine. Makes it so much more moist!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cookies are amazing! Just one does it and they're so easy! I will have self control as I'm giving the rest to our neighbor and her grandkids haha. The bread was good, but Ken said he actually likes regular banana bread or the apple bread I made last week. He liked the cookie too, but not a fan of chocolate.

      Delete
  3. Great pictures of the sky all pink and beautiful. Lovely ornament you are a lucky Grandma.
    Nice to have the leaked fixed. We are just guessing but we are betting Ken is happy to have that job done.
    Okay, Tom and I are laughing hysterically, not over the broken pizza stone but the packaging of it and the blanket. This may be a stretch but do you think the person who did that packaging is related to the person who I spoke to at Norcold...(ice and cookie sheet suggestion) LOL unfortunately the saying, you really cannot fix stupid, may be true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think they're related for sure! So ridiculous to bubble wrap a blanket! haha. Ken is very happy to have it done, and we already saw a reduction in our water bill so hopefully next month's will be back to normal! Yes I am one lucky Grandma! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the sunrise shots. Very nice ornament, a very thoughtful gift.
    That's a lot of digging, glad Ken was able to fix the leak.
    The packaging was pretty funny. Makes one shake their head and wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. When we returned it I returned it in the bag and even the checkout person was shaking her head..Yep we were glad to get the leak fixed too. The joys of home ownership! I love the ornament..very blessed here!

      Delete
  5. You've definitely been keeping busy. Glad you've gotten your leak problem resolved without too much of a problem for Ken.
    People in the Shipping Department need lessons on Packing.
    You are right about Nancy's Recipes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the family visits.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are glad it's fixed too! Luckily it wasn't too hard to find! Yeah that was ridiculous packing. Her recipes are delicious though! Thanks Rick and Kathy!

      Delete
  6. Okay you and Nancy both need to stop!!! I can't start settling in for Christmas for a few days yet. :) I'll make my Christmas cake, something I do every other year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! thankfully I have neighbors who don't bake and welcome my goodies. Christmas cake sounds yummy!

      Delete
  7. Nice that Ken got the water leak taken care if , things getting ready for Christmas this mean butter chocolate ritz sure sound wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me you can only just eat one as they are so rich and yummy! Yep I'm glad that Ken can take care of things like this!

      Delete