About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Friday, May 31, 2019

Getting ready to head to Jacob's High School Graduation!!

Wednesday morning we decided to head for Carson City. Ken wanted to get a new rim and tire for the Jayco.  There's a couple that eventually will need to be changed but started with this one. We dropped it off at Discount Tire and headed for Walmart to make a nice donation.  We no more got to the store and they texted it was done.  I did my shopping and Ken went and picked it up. Then we headed to Minden and a stop at Dollar Tree for a few things.  Lunch at Carson Valley Inn (no Carmen :( ) and then we headed home.  Got the groceries put away and some front porch sitting. 



Thursday morning I got the coffee on and went looking for the half and half.  HMMM..I knew I bought some..where could it be?  I put some spinach in the freezer out in the garage. There it was, along with the sour cream and cottage cheese I froze!! Oh no.. We had our coffees and computing, then our exercise and got the day started.  Ken had physical therapy and I ran to Raley's to rebuy the things I froze.  Google says you can use the sour cream and cottage cheese but the consistency will be different.  I'm making some spinach dip for Sunday's party for Jacob so I want it to be good. 

Ken noticed the vehicle insurance cards weren't up to date so I got on Progressive to print them out.  Changed passwords and other things but just couldn't get online. Phone call was frustrating too, but eventually she emailed them to my email. Geez.  
We had some pretty skies this week! 

Weather coming in...

I was putting things in the trailer and one was a ham to cook for Sunday..oh oh the ham's too big to put in the trailer oven! What a morning.  Late in the afternoon I stuck it in the house oven and cooked it. 

Made a new broccoli salad that sounded good and it was.  Later Karen called and we went over for a way too long Happy Hour. A nice way to say good bye for a few days! 

I sat the alarm for 0400 this morning (Friday).  Started the coffee and got the ham carved up.  Got Ken up at 0430 for coffee and a quick computing.  Worked on finishing up what we needed in the trailer and then I took off a few minutes in front of Ken.  We decided to bring my car as running around Sacramento and parking it's much easier than the Tundra.  I met him at the Walmart in Gardnerville and I ran in and got ice.  Then he got gas and I met him up at Hope Valley.  From there I followed him down Highway 50 to Interstate 80 and the RV Park at Cal Expo.  WE've got a nice site with trees over the site. Full hookups and let me tell you the air conditioning is needed! It's hot!! 

We'll be leaving in a few minutes to head to Russell's house to pick up our tickets for the high school graduation. In this heat, won't be fun and it's a class of 440 graduates :0 !! It starts at 1830 but got to get there early to get seats. 

The Man of the Hour....Jacob Austin Kay




Jacob, Russell and Aaron


Jacob and his cousin Seth who
graduates next Friday!


Aaron, Russell, Lori and Jacob


 

Oh and the spinach I froze in the garage? I forgot it..haha. I'll be shopping in the am! 

Have a great evening! Grandson #2 is out of High School! Let the adventure begin! 

4 comments:

  1. Your comment about the heat had me confused. I had to check the date of this post. I think the weather today is perfect. Jerry thinks it's still too cold and you think it's too hot. We probably should never travel together....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was 92 and sitting in the sun was worse..I don't do heat well! haha.

      Delete
  2. Busy as usual and nice to get to the graduation. Hmm, putting the stuff in the freezer, you must have been in a hurry to enjoy your front porch, lol..

    ReplyDelete