About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Dusty and Family come to visit!

I had made the flourless Morning Glory Muffins last week. Last time I posted I didn't know how they would turn out and they were delicious we both thought. So I can see making them again soon. 
The finished product..yuumm

When I came home from Gardnerville, there was a lot of
rock that was spread!  

Our neighbor John saw Ken was doing a lot of the rock spreading
by hand so he went to his (old) job and got a backhoe!
How nice is that!

This is ready to spread making it so much easier by hand. Ken
didn't have to wheel barrow it over, the backhoe did the
job

I worked it out with our son Eric that we would meet at Highway 50 and 89 at 1000 on Saturday and I would pick up Mason from him there.  I got out of here at 0800  but of course on a day you're in a hurry everybody drives like it's a Sunday drive. haha.  Got there just at 1000 and Eric arrived a few minutes later. WE talked for a bit and then we both headed our own way.  

I ran by Mc Donalds for Mason as he was starving (he's 13, they're always hungry).  We stopped at Tractor Supply and I found a few cute little things for Cassidy.  Then on to Walmart and some grocery shopping. After that we headed home. 



Dinner was simple just grilled ham sandwich and chips for Mason and I don't remember what we had.  


My veggie in the ole tortilla (5 net carbs) 
Chicken enchiladas in green sauce...
Sunday was all about cooking. I wanted to enjoy the time we had with Dusty and family along with Mason and Adam. I did't want to be in the kitchen all day while they were here.  I made some chicken enchilada's and coleslaw and then a couple of veggie enchiladas for me.  Cut up some summer sausage and cheese for a snack. Homemade potato salad was done too. I don't know how but it seemed I ended up in the kitchen all day.  Got things cleaned up and then cleaned the house to my liking.  Veggie tacos for dinner and Mason wanted another grilled sandwich. Adam arrived at about 2100 for the night.  He and I stayed up awhile talking and then he headed to the bunkhouse to call it a night. 

Monday morning started early just to get a few things done. I ran to Raleys for a few things I had forgotten. Dusty and Family arrived just about 1200.  Hugs and oohing and ahhing over baby Cassidy and Owen.  About 1230 got the lunch stuff out and let everyone make their own sandwiches with the goodies that were laid out.  Of course someone had to hold the baby while they did that..and that was me.  
I look kinda pasty here :( Pic was caught  before
 I was ready..but the best out of a bunch :(
Allergies are killing me...(hence the dark circles) ..Uhhh

Mason playing with Owen on the floor.  Owen loves
spending time with his cousins :)

Owen, Chelsea and Dusty

Momma and Cassidy...

After lunch Dusty, Adam and Mason took the quads out for a ride and were gone about an hour. A very hot afternoon.  I visited with Chelsea and we enjoyed the afternoon just hanging out with Owen and Cassidy. :)
Mason and Miss Cassidy :)

Later in the day Ken and Dusty took Owen for a couple of quad rides around the front of the property.  He loves to be outside even on a hot day! 

Daddy and Owen having fun on the quad..

Adam looking happy

Dusty Adam and Mason on the front porch

Uncle Ken and Owen out for a ride


Adam and Owen deep in  conversation

Aren't they cute!

Adam and Papa..

I put the enchiladas in the stove in the evening..after munchies no one was hungry too early. We sat out front on the porch and eventually they came in to grab a plate. Neighbors John and Karen came over for a bit to visit and then everyone came inside and watched movies with Owen.  Back outside to look at all the stars in the sky and by 2330 everyone was in bed but me. I cleaned the kitchen, made the coffee and called it a night just about midnight. 

I was awake at 0430 this morning  (Tuesday) so jumped in the shower and got ready for the day. Woke Ken a little after 0500 for coffee.  About 0630 I headed for the kitchen to get some bacon going for the gang.  

Breakfast request was pancakes, eggs and bacon. No problem. Dusty and Chelsea hung around a bit and probably around 1030 or so they left to head back to California.  Adam left not too long after that. 

We sure enjoyed having them all, just too short of a visit. They want to come back and we sure hope they do and maybe drag my sister Linda along with them and her hubby Bobby.  
Good morning from Yerington, NV!

Dusty and baby Cassidy on the front porch..This one got me
as Cassidy was awake and looking at her daddy..already see
a little girl who loves her daddy..like some of us I know..:))

Cousins!  Mason, Owen and Adam..:)

Owen!!

A couple of Ken's friends are in the area and they were coming over for a late lunch/dinner (Linner)  Ken got at call at about 1500 and they were in town trying to figure out how to get here.  They were in their off road utility vehicles, (side by sides).  You can't legally drive them on the road and they had come from Silver Springs about 35 miles away from here all on backroads.   We met them in town trying to figure out a dirt road way for them to get here but don't think it's going to work this time. We're meeting them in Wellington tomorrow for lunch. I'll take Mason home on Thursday and then meet Ken in Silver Springs for the night. The Best in the Desert Race is on Friday,we thought the race was on Saturday. All different kinds of off road vehicles that race from Las Vegas to near Reno. Ken's gone the last 3 years and I thought I was going this year. 

We agreed to keep an eye on our neighbor's property for the next week as they're headed out on a little vacation.  We don't want to leave Jack (their dog)  alone too long as he's started digging his way out. I'll head home Friday morning when the group heads over to their spectator positions.  Ken will come home on Saturday morning. At least that's the plan now. 

Grandson Jacob got a new to him car this last weekend.. 2002 Honda Civic..Drive careful sweetie!


Jacob and his "new" car. He looks happy don't ya think?!!
Ken's started digging the trench for electricity to the bunkhouse.
We've been using an extension cord to power it up..but this will
make it permanent.


Rock spread in front of the bunkhouse and outhouse. 
Have a wonderful night!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a couple of fun-filled days. Nice for the grandsons and your nephew's family to come visit. Your Morning Glory muffins must have coconut or almond flour? They look yummy!
    Cute picture of you with Cassidy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it was wonderful..haven't had a baby in the house for many years! Yes the muffins have almond flour (all I had was almond meal not sure of the difference) but they were so sweet with no sugar added! Must be the raisins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice time with family. I love Owen's blue eyes. Elva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always nice to spend time with family sound like an awesome time.
    Very nice of the neighbour to bring the back hoe over to move the gravel for Ken.

    ReplyDelete