About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

A Great Day in Winnemucca, NV!

We didn't end up staying in the Bunkhouse overnight.  Decided to wait..for what I'm not sure..but we had such a cozy fire going inside, decided to stay there. haha..

We set the alarm  for 0500 yesterday and left the house at 0800 headed to Winnmucca for my Dr appointment.  A beautiful drive again with the snow covered mountains, but since I had taken pictures the week before I didn't take any yesterday.  

I bought (oh my) a book yesterday morning for my kindle.  Usually I can find plenty free books to read to it's a rarity I actually pay for one..but I had been waiting for this one to be released.  "Sweet Lake" by Christine Nolfi..I read "The Second Chance Grill" a few months ago and fell in love with the way she writes. So for 3 hours I was a happy camper!  

My appointment was for 1150 and I got called in pretty close to that time.  Walked out of there with a huge smile on my face and still can't stop smiling! For the first time, Dr. Grant said, "You're going to be so happy with your labs"..usually I hate looking at them.  Everything regarding cholesterol was in range or better than range!  My total cholesterol had gone from 244 seven months ago (which was better than it had been in a long time)..to 151 this time!!  So amazing!  So whatever we're doing (getting rid of processed foods and bread, pasta etc) as much as we can is working.  

Dr. Grant even came out and told Ken I had an A+..was so cute.  Now this is why we drive 3 hours for a Dr.  She's awesome.  

So we headed for Walmart and had lunch (salad) in the camper and then to New Frontier RV Park, where we spent the rest of the afternoon.  

About 1700 our neighbor, Joe called and we met him over at Winger's for an early dinner (well for us)...and then back to the camper for some tv before bedtime.  

This morning we're waking to 21 degrees (feel like temp is 15)...cold ...brrrr..

So after showers and breakfast we'll head back home and ready ourselves for a trip to TN next week.  Life is good!  

Eric sent a video of the 61 Chevy Impala motor running, but I don't seem to be able to get it on here. darn...but it sounds good!  


Jacob, back left and the Oakmont JV Basketball Team...

Ken found this pic Russell drew..
Thinking he was in about 2nd or 3rd grade..
we think it's a Razorback..

No comments:

Post a Comment