About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Winnemucca and then....A mouse in the house!!! Yukkk!!

We left Tuesday am and headed for Winnemucca for a few days..stopped at the Chinese restaurant in town and then headed for the property.  Nice out there, quiet.  Deanna our friend out there came by on Wednesday for a few hours...always nice to see her, she is a sweetheart.  Thursday, we planned our leaving so we could see our girls at the Mexican restaurant and then we headed for home.  

Got home and was enjoying the evening, when what runs across the kitchen counter? a mouse, aaaaawwhhhhh.....Friday, Ken went to town and got some mouse traps...I headed for Gtown and picked up Adam for the weekend...normally I prefer 3 day weekends to make the trip, but he had been calling and wanting to come..so I had to do grocery shopping in Gardnerville, so I thought why not?   Got back about 1830 not too bad...then we're sitting out in the livingroom, and the mouse runs along the side wall, under the stove AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH....go to bed..and don't sleep well of course worried mouse is gonna be all over me...AAAAAHHHHHHHHHH.....so Adam gets up early in the living room watching tv...and tells me he saw it run from the hall under the stove...then later he comes into our room and says he watched it run from the stove into the boys bedroom and into the closet...ahhhahhh...Ken had removed the closet wall a few months ago when we had the leak from the ugly bathroom shower area and apparently there was enough hole there that the little sucker snuk through...at least I hope that's the case as Ken replaced all that today..and here's hoping that takes care of it..at least for awhile. 

Ken helped our neighbor do a few things and she confirmed she's had problems with mice especially this time of year.  We do have traps set all over...so here's hoping..

Ken made some of the best burgers tonight for dinner, and I made an apple cheesecake for Bryan, as he had asked me too...Adam had a piece and said it was great...

Tomorrow Adam and I are headed out, and going to meet my sisters in Folsom for lunch, before I take him home.  Not sure at this point if i'll spend the night at Bryan's or head home.  but i'll be prepared either way..
Pics tomorrow of dinner and the cheesecake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment