About Me

The mountains are calling and I must go...Got the t shirt in Georgia one year and this is our calling! We'll see y'all down the road!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Happy 41st Anniversary to my awesome hubby!

Today we celebrated 41 years of marriage..I can't even believe it's been that long...We got up and started painting trying to get as much done as we could because we're headed to Winnemucca tomorrow. It was so hot, and the flies were terrible, Ken made me come in at 1200..I was disappointed to not get as much done as I planned but come Wednesday it's supposed to be much cooler...so it made sense...

We just have the long side where the front door is to be done, and I did get some done..but during the day the sun is just so strong there it sucks..

Ken did ask if I wanted to go somewhere for our anniversary such as the Mizpah in Tonopah which I love! but again we were on such a roll with painting I didn't want to quit..so roll on!  

We did take a little ride this afternoon, to see what the farming community is up to as they are picking onions..I didn't have my camera with me, but so incredible all these Mexicans are working the fields..We counted 13 buses this weekend going to a field on N Bybee..onions and more onions..guess that's why we are the "onion capital of the west"!   

We also saw them harvesting corn, but assume it's feed for the cows for the winter, as they are harvesting stalks and all!  Pretty cool to see...

Tonight I am going off my 'veggie' diet and Ken is bar b quing pork, and we are having mashed potatoes and great northern beans...A year ago, we were in Kansas staying at the KOA south of Wichita..we had left Don's place to go see my Aunts and Uncles on the way...We saw Uncle Lester (who is no longer with us)..so glad we made the trip..We saw Aunt Ola, Uncle Odus, my cousin MaryAnn and family..along with my cousin Susie and her hubby...so Ken cooked the same meal a year ago and that's what I wanted again..Last year it was cold in the evening there..but loved the trip..We also saw my Uncle Lewis, Aunt Irene, cousin Terrie, her hubby Steve and daughter Erika..what a great trip!  

Looking forward to our dinner and evening!  

I love u Ken...and so love our life together!  As I've said before, I look at you and I still feel 14!  Thank u for our life!! 

4 comments:


  1. AFTER ALL THESE YEARS STILL SO IN LOVE...SO THE SUPPOSED TO BE... CONGRATULATIONS! WE LOVE YOU BOTH SO MUCH! WENDY, SHAWN & TASHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats cuzins! You both are truly blessed!! Love you both :0). Susie and Greg

    ReplyDelete
  3. You love for each other is so amazing and inspiring - congratulations

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. Motivator is alias diane fisher

    ReplyDelete